Sometimes it helps to look back and remember days and times past. A retrospective view of our personal and collective past can give us precious insight.
Can you remember a time in your personal life when the world felt enchanted? How did life feel? Who were you with? What made that time enchanting? If you’ve had a tough life it might feel difficult to remember a time when life felt enchanted. Yet, usually, even in the most harsh lives there are moments of enchantment.
Today’s message is relax, unwind and rewind your memories to a time when all was well in the world.
For a few moments, remember what it feel what it felt like to live through hours, days, months or years that filled you with joy.
Though we hear a lot about the power of now, it’s also good to remember the power of good memories, and your part in creating them for others. Not everyone shares this ideal, but I believe it is part of our purpose as parents (and grandparents) to produce enchanting moments for our children so they can have life renewing memories when life gets difficult as it always does.
This is a great time of year to thank someone who gave you moments of enchantment in your life. Even if that person(s) is no longer alive, his or her spirit can feel your gratitude. In the next few weeks, see if you can reach out to someone who gave you the gift of golden memories.
- What is the Enchanted Oasis? (writingyourdestiny.com)
- The Vulnerability of the Enchanted Heart (writingyourdestiny.com)
- The Beauty of Sad Times (writingyourdestiny.com)
- Your Enchanted Oasis (writingyourdestiny.com)
- The Enchantment of Everyday Living (writingyourdestiny.com)
- Ferdinand and the Enchantment of Opening to Awe (writingyourdestiny.com)