As I work on the plans for our family summer vacation today, I started to think about the opportunity we have to make quantum leaps.
I have tended to like summer and winter because they are times when certain expectations slow down. I don’t usually associate these times with quantum leaps. Instead, I’ve tended to see these seasons as ones when big changes aren’t really possible.
Yet, I have to remind myself that remarkable discoveries, breakthroughs and accomplishments can happen at any time. If you could make a quantum leap in any of your life or your whole life in the next three months, what would it be?
I’m taking my family on a road trip this summer. In the course of a few weeks we’ll be driving across a couple thousand miles of roads across America.
A few years ago, we drove 5000 miles in 9 days. There was work involved in that trip, but compared to what it would have taken a hundred years ago to make the same trip, it was simple. The ability to make a cross country trip is a quantum leap that we don’t think about much.
I’m just an average American, with perhaps an above average love of road trips. For me, making road trips is easy, fun, and part of a long-term goal for my kids.
For some people, taking a vacation every year is a frivolous, waste of money. I sometimes wonder if people who can’t see the value of travel also have trouble making quantum leaps.
There’s something about going on adventures to places you’ve never been that deepens your ability to believe that things can change drastically in an instant. You see different ways of living are possible when you travel Within a few hours, sometimes even a few minutes, you can be seeing an entirely different type of landscape and culture.
Quantum leaps aren’t limited to travel. They are all around us. And some of them are making us nervous, because quantum leaps in outsourcing, technology, etc are changing the way of life in America. We don’t tend to notice how available quantum leaps are to us. If we don’t take advantage of the tools that humankind has created, we won’t make the journeys or quantum leaps that we could.
What would you really love to do in the next 90 days that you’ve never done before? With some imagination, determination, and focused play, you just might surprise yourself at the places you could see or the person you could become.
For today, just imagine what it would feel like to make a quantum leap in the next 90 days!
Perhaps over the next few days, together we can brainstorm some ways to radically change our lives, which aren’t necessarily magical, but leave us feeling that life is bigger and more wondrous than we imagined!
- 10 Great All-American Road Trips (Summer Is Just Getting Started!) (self.com)
- Summer Road Trip: Destination Louisville (crowneplazalouisville.wordpress.com)
- Best road trip apps for your summer vacation (travel.usatoday.com)
- Fail-Safe Road Trip Tips (foxnews.com)
- The Road Trip: Travel Thousands of Miles to Find Your Center (sarahsuero.wordpress.com)
- Afformations: A tool for Quantum Leaps in Success! (slavicabogdanov.com)
- 3 Simple Steps to Taking a Quantum Leap in Your Biz (solo-e.com)
- If your happiness is based on always getting a little more than you’ve got… (sethgodin.typepad.com)
- Quantum internet taking a leap ahead with the unveiling of Quantum Rainbow Photon Gun (kgrid.wordpress.com)