The weekly video blogs begin with an idea from my book The Seven Foundations of a Resilient Livelihood today, because it is probably the best starting point for aligning with the energy of these times in which we’re living. If you want to flourish in the upcoming decades, you must connect to something that moves you beyond your own personal concerns. While this has always been a good way to live, it’s an imperative in the years ahead.
Have you been feeling that something much bigger than you wants to be guiding you in your daily work? Or is there a cause that speaks to you so deeply that you must contribute to something greater than yourself? Or do you just want to feel connected more intimately with the important people in your life?
I’d like to suggest that you go a bit deeper with some questions that you may already have answered for yourself, but are now in a position to look at in a slightly different way.
1. What is it that only you can create in this world, that really needs to take off in the next ten to twenty-five years to make the world a better place in some way?
- An artistic creation
- A business
- A product or service
- Your family
- A safer world
- Better social systems
- Any or all of the above.
2. Think about the teachers you have had in your life. Which of them are connected to something bigger than themselves and taught you how to be the best version of yourself? What did they teach you?
- Formal Teachers
- Work Experiences
3. What have you learned that you could only experience through connection to something bigger than yourself?
4. What actions would you take if you knew that something bigger than yourself was guaranteeing your success in the upcoming years?
5. What kind of legacy do you want to leave for others?
You are living the answers to these questions, whether you contemplate your actions or not. It’s a good time to become more aware of the way in which you connect to the rest of the world through your life, and realize how important your life truly is.