One of the great paradoxes of living a life aligned with the enchanted part of our human nature is that we must be vulnerable to create enchantment.
How many fairy tales involve the vulnerable one — whether a young child, a princess or simple thinker — who drinks the poison, takes the road no wise person would take, or dares to say the Emperor has no clothes? It is almost universally the vulnerable heroes and heroines who save the day and return enchantment to the land.
We live in a time, like all others in human history, where we can create an enchanted world as long as there are those of us who are willing to be vulnerable in service of love, truth, beauty or whatever ideal(s) calls to us.
This is a good time to contemplate what vulnerability means to you in both your life and writing. Where has your vulnerability been the key to the enchantment moments of your life? How might your vulnerability be your strength now?
Today, dare to ask for help, express your feelings, admit that you don’t know how to proceed and release your need to be in control.
See if you can create some new small or large moment of enchantment in your world by opening up to your vulnerability. The world is depending upon you to listen to the vulnerability of your enchanted heart.
- What is the Enchanted Oasis? (writingyourdestiny.com)
- The Beauty of Sad Times (writingyourdestiny.com)
- Is Your Life Enchanting? (writingyourdestiny.com)
- The Enchantment of Lose/Lose Situations (writingyourdestiny.com)
- Your Enchanted Oasis (writingyourdestiny.com)
- The Enchantment of Everyday Living (writingyourdestiny.com)
- Vulnerability and the Uncoolness of Coolness (notjoe.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Vulnerability – Brene Brown (eloquenceacademy.com)
- Environmental Giving (joyofspa.com)