This morning I was listening to an inspirational video from Mary Morrissey, in which she talked about how we all need to boost our confidence, and illustrated this with a story about Abraham Lincoln, who apparently carried around his own confidence boosters in his pockets.
Shortly after I heard that message, I found out that I had been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Andrew Gilbert at influenceversuscontrol.wordpress.com.
Thank you very much Andrew for this award and your insightful posts. And being very synchronous as well!
Today’s award reminded me that I’m behind in fulfilling the conditions of the Versatile Blogger Award that I received on March 4th from my blogging friend Leah Gaitskill at Bluegrassnotes. So, I’m finally doing this and thanking all my confidence boosters!
Rules for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”:
1.Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees
Here are seven things about me.
- I was born at midnight on a new moon in Gardner Kansas almost 50 years ago.
- I’m an INFJ according to the Meyers-Briggs Test.
- I’m a Leo.
- Combine 2 and 3 that makes me an introverted Leo, which seems to be unusual, and has made feel like I’ve had a split personality all my life.
- My middle name is Rose. I hated this name as a child for some reason. Now, I like it.
- I love to drink tea and have always been repulsed by the taste of coffee!
- I consider my kids my greatest inspirations in life.
My seven nominations for Very Inspiring Blogger Are…..
- Mirth and Motivation – Love Elizabeth Obih-Frank’s wonderful posts that are always inspirational.
- bluegrassnotes.wordpress.com– Inspiring and grounded spiritual advice and musings!
- HeroesnotZombies.com – besides liking the name of the blog, I very much like Bob’s posts.
- Jennifer Louden – Just love her serve and savor philosophy.
- Martha Beck Daily Message– She makes me laugh and think more deeply.
- Creative Musings– Like how Ledia Runnels is sharing her novel with her blog. She also writes Mysterious Japan which I like too!
- HurtledtoSixtyandBeyond – Bringing joy through her photography and insights.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’ve chosen 15 blogs that I’ve recently discovered for the Versatile Blogger award. :
- Socially Fit
- Snotting Black
Here are seven additional things about myself, in case the first seven in today’s post weren’t enough :):
- I played the cello at one point in my twenties for Vassar’s Orchestra even though I didn’t attend the college. I was working at IBM in New York and my cello teacher knew they needed cellists and suggested that I play with them.
- I just finished reading Winds of Dune. Find it amazing that Frank Herbert’s son is continuing the family legacy. Don’t think my kids would ever write follow-ups to my books. :)
- I love long road trips. My longest trip so far is 5200 miles in nine days. It was crazy and got everyone on the trip sick and worn out except me. Driving long distances feeds my soul.
- My favorite type of tea is currently Tazo Rest after trying it a retreat center last month, like the gentle taste of rose.
- My children and I went to see Robert Plant and the Band of Joy last summer, and ever since then we like to sing Rock and Roll around the house.
- I’m terrible at sending Christmas cards. I intend to send them every year, and every year I fail. Need to overcome aversion to holiday greetings this year.
- Since giving up sugar since the beginning of the year, I’ve been amazed how much that one change has improved my health.
Congratulations to all the versatile and inspiring bloggers that I’m honoring today!